What are cookies?
SIMAR uses «cookies». Cookies, in accordance with the Spanish Law 34/2002, are any type of file or device that is downloaded to the terminal equipment of a user in order to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation. They are small text files that are placed on the hard disk of the User’s computer, which store information about the use made of a particular Web Site, in order to offer a more agile and personalized navigation. Cookies can only be read by the server that placed them and cannot execute any program or virus. We also inform you that when you connect to our website, the computer where we have it hosted automatically recognizes the IP address of your computer, the day and time you entered, the time you left us, and through which parts of our website you have moved. This is necessary so that our computer is aware of this data from your computer and can communicate with your computer to send you what you request through your browser and see it on your screen. Also, if you are a member of a social network such as Facebook, cookies serve to identify you as a member of this Social Network, being considered an «expressly requested service» by you.
Types and purposes:
We use «cookies» to improve the service we provide such as session cookies and persistent cookies which, in turn, can be own or third party cookies.
- Session cookies are cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to retain for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion.
- Persistent cookies are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years. Persistent cookies on our website can be:
– THIRD PARTY (or Analytics Cookies): These are those that allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, your browsing on our website is analyzed in order to improve the supply of products or services we offer. Google Analytics cookies are used to collect anonymous information about users’ browsing on the website in order to know the origin of the visits and other similar statistical data. More information at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs
YouTube cookies are also used for web analytics purposes. More information at: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
– Personalization and profiling cookies based on user browsing habits (used by Facebook and Google): These cookies allow us to know if the user has visited our website before. They keep the user’s browsing preferences, such as language preferences, country, city, currency, audio volume, etc. More information at: http://dataprotection.ie/documents/press/Facebook_Ireland_Audit_Review_R
– Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and show you, based on them, advertising related to your browsing profile. These cookies are used by the company Doubleclick. More information at: http://www.weboscope.com/free/
Setting, disabling and deleting cookies:
You can disable cookies through the browser settings that allow you to manage, at any time, the setting of cookies in your browser, in whole or in part, at your discretion.
– Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/
– Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/
– Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/
– Safari (Following the steps): Edit → Preferences → Privacy → Block cookies (always)
– Opera: http://help.opera.com/